You have probably heard of the phrase “oil pulling” in the past. The method is an oral detoxification procedure that is used to promote healthy teeth and gums and remove bacteria. Oil pulling is simply done by swirling a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth for 10-20 minutes. Coconut oil contains Vitamin E and the method is an organic alternative to mouthwash.
Why is coconut oil the best oil to use when oil pulling?
Sesame oil, as well as olive oil and coconut oil, are typically used when doing oil pulling. However, other oils tend to be suggested as effective as well. Despite this, there are a few elements to take into consideration when picking your ideal oil for oil pulling. In such, coconut oil has proven itself as the best solution.
Coconut oil is ideal for oil pulling because it:
- Balance Hormones
- Kill Candida
- Improve Digestion
- Moisturize Skin
- Reduce Cellulite
- Decrease Wrinkles and Age Spots
- Balance Blood Sugar and Improve Energy
- Improve Alzheimer’s
- Increase HDL and Lower LDL Cholesterol
- Burn Fat
How to do Oil Pulling
1. Measure out one tablespoon of coconut oil first thing in the morning. Do this before you have had anything to eat or drink and before you have brushed your teeth.
2. Swirl the coconut oil around your mouth for 10-20 minutes.This will “pull” toxins from your mouth as the oil will mix with your saliva.
3. Spit out the oil and rinse with warm water. For added antimicrobial properties, you may rinse your mouth with salt water. Make sure to spit out the oil in the trash to avoid a clogged sink.
4. Last, but not least; brush your teeth as normal.